Eligibility and Testing Requirements
- See your high school counselor to begin the process
- Apply for admission to Blinn at applytexas.org
- Complete the Dual Credit Approval Form (must have Blinn ID to access)
- Have a “B” or higher average in completed coursework
- Submit an official high school transcript
- Satisfy the following Texas Success Initiative (TSI) Assessment requirements, earn a qualifying exemption score on the ACT or SAT, or earn a qualifying waiver score on the PSAT/NMSQT exams.
Dual Credit Scores
|Algebra I EOC 4||Minimum score of 4,000 on Algebra I EOC and passing grade in Algebra II|
|English II EOC4||Minimum score of 4,000 on English II EOC|
|1 Students must meet both relevant subject and combined/composite score standards
2 SAT administered on or after March 5, 2016
3 SAT administered prior to March 5, 2016
4 Student using these scores for a waiver must successfully complete the course with a "C" or better in the TSI liable course or they will need to take the TSIA to continue in dual credit.
Dual Credit TSIA Scores
Both reading and writing requirements must be met to qualify for ENGL courses, if using TSIA administered prior to January 11, 2021.
|TSIA Administered prior to January 11, 2021|
|350 or higher||351 or higher||Essay Score of 5 or Higher
Essay Score of 4 and Multiple Choice Score of 340 or Higher
|TSIA 2.0 Administered on or after January 11, 2021|
CRC 910-949 & Diagnostic Level 6
|CRC 945 & Essay 5-8
CRC 910-944 & Diagnostic Level 5-6 & Essay 5-8