Under Texas state law, students are classified either as residents of Texas, non-residents, or international students. Additionally, students are classified as in-district or out-of-district depending on whether they reside at an address that is in the Blinn taxing district. The tuition rate that you are charged is based on your residency classification, which is determined according to the information you submit on the application. You must provide proof to change your classification.
A student who does not qualify as a resident of Texas, including:
- Out-of-state students
- International students
- Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA)
- For students under DACA or a visa other than a F-1 visa, residency is determined on an individual basis after documentation is submitted for review.
*Students with an eligible to domicile visa or a member of the Blinn TEAM or Engineering Academy programs could be considered for in-state tuition if proper documentation is provided.
A waiver can be placed on an account for 12 consecutive months for a student to establish Texas residency. Qualified students include:
- Military personnel (veteran, active, or dependent/spouse)
- Blinn competitive scholarship recipients
- Dependent/spouse of college instructors or professors